Monday, August 20, 2007

Sub Americans

Today I would like to address all the groups in our country that are dividing our country into many sub American groups.

I am sick and tired of hearing of the Mexican-American, African-American, Irish American, German-American etc. Since when did our country divide up into all these different sub American titles? I can tell you when!

The beginning of this phenomenon can be linked to when the black society was trying to come to grips with the slang names that were around in that time. They settled on African Americans to describe themselves. I initially had no problem with this, but have since changed my mind. I think this is a bad idea and I will tell you why.

When we start identifying ourselves as anything other than Americans, we are allowing groups who have their individual agendas to divide us. When a society is divided, it is easier to control. By this I mean, when each group of people is only concerned with what effects their group, they no longer see what is best for the country. When a country is divided, it will certainly fall. this has always been true in the past and is still true today.

We are all Americans, there are VERY few people who have ever been to the country of their ancestors. They have no idea what that country is like or even if the culture is something they would like to be associated with. So when I hear people address themselves as something other than just an American, it ticks me off. For those who get offended, too bad. You have no right to claim you are anything other than an American. If you feel that you do have a loyalty to another country, then by all means go there. We do not want anyone in this country who does not want to be here. There is only room in this country for one Nationality, and American is it. I do not mean to say that you should not investigate you heritage, on the contrary, I think everyone should know where they come from so they can realize how truly blessed they are to live in a country as ours. We have the best country in the world and I should know, I have been to numerous countries and have always found that I couldn't wait to get back to the good old United States. There is truly no better country out there.

So, please stop allowing yourselves to be separated by titles that mean nothing to anyone other than those who have an agenda to separate and dominate. Come together as one and do not allow yourselves to be fooled any longer. We are all Americans and nothing else. I love the United States and am not afraid to say so. How may of you can say that without pause? I fear to say, not many. It has become fashionable to talk down about the United States, to degrade our purpose on this planet. I for one feel that this country was founded with divine intervention. I feel that our country was founded with the lords blessing so that we could spread freedom throughout the world. When we started getting away from our purpose, the lord started separating himself from us. We have gone astray and we need to get back on track to get back in the good lords good graces.

We are Americans, start acting like it. Never again claim yourself to be anything other than an American. Once this happens, the ability to separate us will have been eliminated.

Thanks for reading. Earl

1 comment:

The Other Side. said...

I am glad to hear about this. To differenciate into catagory's, I felt was not right inside. Ever since I heard it. I senced that people would separate themselves, when all along we were trying to be treated equal. And in America the free, I did not like that point, people were trying to make. It sounded predjudice. More than proud.
Where I came from, I do not say my past, I am here and proud to say, I am an american. If I was not, then I would go back to where I was. But to put your nationality into a simple statement is showing your not pleased and appreciating your country. It's the Land of the Free, not the land of dividing people.
Please understand it is respect and honor that we are thankful and blessed for this country we call America..period.