Thursday, August 16, 2007

Abortion

I know this is a sticky subject with many people and I think it is a subject that deserves attention due to the extremely powerful emotions it elicits from people on both sides of the debate.

I feel that abortion is a criminal act regardless of what the law with the VERY liberal judges that passed the Roe VS. Wade decision. This issue should not even be an issue, and I believe that it is only an issue because of the extremely strong lobby that the pro abortion people have put together. I will even go as far as to say that I think that with abortion, our country has committed the largest case of genocide on the planet. More on that a little later.

First let me say that I understand all sides of the issue and have not come to my conclusions without much thought and inner debate. I will try to go through why I have come to the conclusion I have come to, and weather you agree with me or not at least it will cause you to take a second look at this important issue.

The first part of the debate I am going to discuss is the side that believes in freedom of choice. I contend that by the very title of "freedom of choice" that the pro abortion side has a flawed argument. How can it be that it is Freedom of choice if the child in question does not the freedom of choice that the mother has? I know that the pro abortion critics state that it is not a baby until the baby's head escapes the birth canal. I know that that argument has been held as the primary argument used to get the decision of the Roe VS. Wade case. I feel that this cannot be used anymore and that the decision of the Roe VS. Wade case has to be readdressed. I say this because of the technological advances that have been made in medicine in the past couple decades. It can now be proven that the child, while still in the mothers belly can and does have feeling and emotions. This has been proven on several documentaries from several sources. I personally believe that once a baby is conceived, it is and should be honored as a living soul and as such be given the utmost protection our society has to offer. We will go to the greatest of extents to protect our children from child predators and abusive families, but we think nothing of killing these same children just because they have not arrived into the world yet. It hurts my soul every time I think of all the children our society has disregarded without a second thought, we should be doing all we can to protect our most vulnerable.

I also understand the No abortion critics. they want all children to have the same opportunity to life. I agree with them. I feel that every child conceived should have the same right to life that you and I enjoy. I further know that there are many, many, many women out there who do not want to have children. I also know that there are so many childless families as well as families with children who would take these children in. We should use the process of adoption to give all these children a fighting chance. We are supposed to be the leading country when it comes to being an open and free society. I say we start acting like it and start taking the lead when it comes to this issue. Let the children live so our society can get back in the good graces of the lord as well as starting to lead the world in changing the views of the importance of our children. They are our most precious resource. Without them, we have no future.

There will be and are those who will think like I used to. I used to believe that there should not be legal abortion in our country except in the case of rape, incest or the mothers life is in danger. On the surface, these arguments seem logical and just. I mean who would want a women to have a baby from a rapist or from an incestuous event. And no man wants to stand there and watch the love of his life die to give birth, after all , they can always try again, right? The flaw in this argument that I have found after much soul searching is that once you start making exceptions, where do you draw the line? Who says that your reasons are the only valid arguments that can be made. It is for this very reason that I have changed my way of thinking when it comes to this issue. I no longer will accept any reasons why abortion would be valid.

I know the religious right will say that every child has the right to life in the eyes of the lord, and they would be right. I do not always agree with the religious right, but in this case I do.

you will have those in the medical field as well as those who have retarded or malformed children who will argue that in the instances that the medical field feels that there is sufficient evidence to conclude that a baby will be born with either mental or physical impairments, that the parents should have the choice as to weather they want to raise a child with those limitations or not. I would agree, except that I do not think that they should have the choice of abortion. I go back to the adoption choice, there are many families willing to accept these children and love them as if there were nothing wrong with them. God makes allocations for all difficulties that he places in out paths. It is up to us to see the good choices from the bad ones.

One other thing, I have yet to run into a women who has not felt terrible about the choice she make to abort a baby. Everyone that I have talked to on this issue has said she would not do it again had she known of all the pain she would feel throughout the years. The great thing is, as long as you ask for forgiveness and are serious, it is given.

Here is the definition of genocide from the American Heritage dictionary.

"The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group".

wouldn't you say that this is exactly what is happening with our children? Think about it. Is there any wonder why god has abandoned this country. Our forefathers are rolling in their graves, seeing what our society has become.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your views. Earl

1 comment:

The Other Side. said...

Aborting babies, not good. No matter what the circumstance is.
In the bible, it is either right or wrong.
God does not play middle.
It has to be one choice.
And deep within our souls, we know what is right.
So the answer is abortion is wrong.
If the baby was concieved, then God has a plan. One of the many mysteries we all do not understand. Just accept it with faith.
Your article say's it all.
Thanks for printing it.