Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update on Iraq.

I have a serious problem with the country of Iraq. Our country has given over four thousand men and women in the pursuit of their freedom. Our country has given an enormous amount of money for the freedom they are starting to enjoy. Now anyone who has read my blog for any amount of time knows that I have always supported the War in Iraq. With that being said, how about a little reciprocation.

I am talking about the oil bids that were just accepted by the newly elected democratic government. The government of Iraq just gave seven oil contracts to countries other than the United States. These countries have been awarded contracts to explore and extract oil from both discovered and still undiscovered oil fields located with the country. I am seriously disappointed in that government in it's blatant lack of appreciation of the United States. I would think that the government would be bending over backward to try and thank our country for the liberation of its country.

If the government of Iraq has decided that the United States is not deserving of at the very least an oil contract, that we should withdraw our troops from the country. That goes against the views I have expressed in the past but I feel at this time the subject has changed. The American people has spilled blood for Iraq's freedom, we have given to the tune of Trillions of dollars for their opportunity to enjoy freedom for the first time. I would think that the Iraqi government would be very appreciative of what the American people have sacrificed and given for their freedom. I would think that they would have given the U.S. companies automatic contracts for a period of time as a sign of appreciation. I feel betrayed by the Iraqi government. I feel as if all that was given for their freedom has been given in vain. I only hope that the Government of Iraq will reconsider what they have done and show the the American people their gratitude for their freedom.

As always, your views and comments are welcome. Earl

No comments: