Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Preemptive Strike

Why is it wrong for people to question Obama's faults? Obama came out at the end of the week last week and said that their campaign is preparing for the Republicans to start bringing race into the campaign. I say good. Let me say before I go on that anyone who knows me knows that I am the last person you can call racist. Now, with that being said, why would it be out of bounds to address the issue of Obams's racism or that of his wife's. I think that it would only be prudent that these issues be address when someone is aspiring to run the greatest country in the world.

The media has given Obama pass upon pass when it comes to people he associates with who are very publicly Anti-American and Anti-White. When someone whose wife has made questionable statements concerning the White people who founded this country.

I have a serious question that I would like Obama to answer. Why does he qualify himself as a Black man when he has both White and Black in him? Why is it that he claims to be Black when his father abandoned him in his early youth and it was his White side of the family who took him in and raised him? Why is it that he feels he has to offend the White race that has taken him in and allowed him to pursue and indeed achieve the level of success that he presently enjoys. Why is it that when anyone who makes reference to these and the many other questionable remarks and/or associates are automatically labeled a Racist. I dare anyone to call me a racist. There is no way it came be claimed in a serious manner. I make these remarks because I am tired of people cowering at the slightest hint that they will be called a Racist if they bring these questions to light.

It is every Americans responsibility to question all the candidates on any issues that cause them concern. I for one will not cower. I for one will welcome a serious debate concerning any of the possible candidates. Bring it on, but leave your labels and accusations at the door.

As always, I welcome your comments and responses.

1 comment:

sheila said...

How about the fact the he called his grandmother "a typical white person". Can you imagine the firestorm if someone called him "a typical black person"? Why is it okay for him?

As always, I love your views!